Spring is coming and the Japan Cherry Blossoms will be happening soon. Here is your Quick Guide to help you through this magnificent blooming. Image standing under a cherry tree and the wind picks up and beautiful cherry blossoms are floating all around you that looks like snow. Amazing!
Blooming of the Cherry Blossoms is the most beautiful time of the year to visit Japan. One of my favorite places to see the beautiful blooms is Kyoto. The latest published forecast dates are out for my favorite places to visit. These are just tentative dates but start to plan now since the blooming starts to begin in Late March an early April, and accommodations will be hard to find.
Forecasts for Japan Cherry Blossoms
Table of Contents
Cities Tentative First Bloom Tentative Full Bloom
|Hiroshima||March 28th||April 3 – 11th|
|Kyoto||March 28th||April 3 – 11th|
|Osaka||March 28th||April 3 – 11th|
|Tokyo||March 22th||March 30 – April 7th|
|Nara||March 29th||April 4 – 12th|
*Latest update as of March 1, 2017
Kyoto – Japan Cherry Blossoms
There are so many wonderful Temples to visit in Kyoto and in those Temples and surrounding areas are great places to see the Japan Cherry Blossoms.
Here is a few places to set your sight on to see some of the best blooms from some of the weeping cherry type trees.
- Kyoto Botanical Garden – famous for viewing both type of cherry trees.
- Ginkakuju Temple
- Kyoto Imperial Palace Park – located in the northwest corner
- Philosopher’s Path – stroll the path that follows the canal and see the hundreds of trees that line the path. This path is a great walk between two temples.
- Maruyama Park – this spot great for seeing blooms at night. Cherry Trees are lit in the evening.
- Arashiyama (Togetsukyo Bridge) – See the cherry blossoms by walking across the bridge.
- Sagano Scenic Railway – hop on the train and enjoy and slow paced ride and enjoy the beautiful blooms.
- Haradanien Garden – located above the Kinkakuji Temple in the hills is great for late blooming cherry trees.
Transportation around Kyoto – Japan Cherry Blossoms
Transportation around Kyoto can be done by bus, taxi and cars. First thing I suggest is to go by and pick up a Bus Route Map & Schedule from the Tourist Office. During this time of year, there will be lots of visitors to view the amazing Cherry Blossoms. Be prepared the buses will be full of visitors, locals, and school kids. There will be lots of walking from bus stops and around the temples. Be patient you will get to your destinations. Taxis are easy to use but not always available.
Tips – Japan Cherry Blossoms
- For a more information on the different Temples, Hotel and Dinning Recommendations and history of Kyoto visit “Kyoto Japan…An Expat Travel Adventure To This Ancient City”
- For a stay in Osaka and make day trips into Kyoto with helpful directions on train travel visit “An Expats Adventure to Osaka Japan”
- Going to Nara, Japan visit “A Welcome To Nara For The First Time”
- For Hotel Reviews, Restaurants on Japan visit “1AdventureTraveler-Japan” category section.
Japan Cherry Blossoms are happening soon and with all your new information you can make travel plans. Allow enough time to visit all these amazing temples and see the Cherry Blossoms. People book very far in advance, but you can always do day trips to Kyoto from Nara & Osaka.
If your interested in other Travel Locations see me at “1AdventureTraveler”. Please leave me a comment below as to your favorite place you enjoyed the most in Japan.
Remember Life is Short, Go Out And Have An Adventure!
Pin this for later!
Also, please have a look at the link up’s I’m participating in with #FollowMeFriday and #WeekendWanderlust on Facebook. Here you will find fantastic adventures by other professional bloggers.